Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Winter is officially here.......bah humbug!

Our backyard covered in snow
Baxter covered in snow

Baxter and Harley playing in the snow

Seriously.... its STILL SNOWING! I am fine with a little snow, I just wish it would stay in the mountains...the skiers are happy and us non-4wheel drivers can drive with peace of mind. I am re-thinking my vehicle purchase....I should have gotten a Subaru! Course I didn't know I was moving to Utah when I bought my front wheel drive- push button start-shiny Nissan! Yesterday on my way home from work I was sliding all over the place on the roads....people were tailgaiting me cause I was driving so slow! I wish I lived a little closer to the Trax station. Instead we have to live the HIGHEST ELEVATION possible without being on the mountain. Sure its a great view of the city from our front window and a quiet,safe neighborhood....but I'm not sure the amount of snowfall is worth it! The funniest thing is the snow doesn't phase the dogs...especially Baxter. Everyday he is outside playing in it. He loves to dig underneath the snow and eat the grass...why? I have no idea! But he comes in soaking wet, covered in snow and then I have to wrestle him to the ground to wipe him off. We have off white carpet in the living room so that is the first place he goes. The funniest thing is that its like a Mexican stand-off, he is outside waiting to come in the doggy door and I am in the kitchen waiting with the towel. He knows I am there so he waits and then tries to make a run for it but I catch him everytime! His favorite thing lately is to bark at the snow plows driving by outside and the neighbor using his snowblower (great invention by the way, seriously saves you from killing your back when you have to shovel the snow to get into the drive way). Anyway, I guess I am a little extra grumpy today because I have been couped up all day sick with a cold! I haven't been this sick in a while....I thought after working in a hospital my antibodies would have been built up enough so that I was immune to this! I guess I should have gotten the flu shot!
I love living in Utah...it is a beautiful state! I just wish that it we could skip Winter....you know, go from Fall to Spring!

1 comment:

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

I am so sorry! Wow, look at all that snow! Crazy!! We have been looking at Expeditions and Tahoes- so excited!!! We definately are in need of an suv- with Addison and a baby on the way plus moving to Utah- we need the 4 wheel drive.