I am kinda bummed, because we will not be buying a home right now. I had been working with a real estate agent and looking at properties. I was getting really excited! I hate throwing money away by renting. I spoke with a mortgage broker and decided we would be really stretching our finances if we bought a home right now. Our lease expires April 1st and we have to find a new place to live. Ugh! I hate moving! I found a few rentals but they are vacant and want renters now. We won't be moving until the last weekend in March. If anyone knows of an available rental property, let me know! I am looking for a 2 bd home with a yard on the East side, Sugarhouse or Holladay if possible. Our current rent is outrageous, so we are looking for something more affordable. I am hoping we can pay off some bills and save up for a down payment. Maybe by the time we are ready to buy a home, the prices will have dropped. (P.S. the home prices have only dropped 6 % here in Utah compared with Vegas or CA which is much higher) We are gonna be so old by the time we buy our first home!! In reality, I realize that the first 10 years or so of a mortgage, we would only be paying on the interest. So I guess renting isn't bad, just disappointing. But it makes sense for us right now.
I will miss where we are living.....it is a great area, the neighbors are nice, the homes are beautiful, it is safe.....but we will not be able to find another home in this neighborhood in our price range! :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey! Long time no see. I saw your comment on Aubri's blog and decided to check yours out. Where did you live in Vegas? We were there the past 6 years and just moved to LA 6 months ago. I'm glad things are going well. Fun to see you in the blogger world!
Hey Hillari-
I've noticed a few homes in our neighborhood that are up for rent. WE're on the east side, but not as far north as you would like to be. Give me a call if you are interested.
Post a Comment