Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ugh......I hate moving!!

So I have been so stressed trying to find us a new place to live! Our lease ends April 1st, so we would like to move the last weekend in March....we are down to the wire!! Adam is at work and he doesn't really care where we live (he would be ok with the west side....Ugh, the horror!!), so I am looking every night after I get off work....I could not believe some of the rentals.....ghetto fabulous! We wanted to find a cheaper place so we could save money and pay off some bills. That doesn't look like it will happen! I refuse to live in Section 8 housing. I am really gonna miss this house....it is gorgeous!! The paint, the tile, granite countertops, the marble bathroom, the designer carpet, everything is high quality.....beautiful, large backyard. Even the lawn and snow maintenance was included....We really lucked out here. None of the other rentals will even compare! But our lease is ending and they want to increase the rent and they want to sell it!!
I have been looking in Sugarhouse, Avenues and Holladay. I am an East side snob....I refuse to live in West Valley.
I have looked at duplexes, the problem is that I am not a fan of sharing a backyard....I don't want the dogs getting out and roaming the neighborhood....and I don't want to have to deal with loud neighbors. I was hoping to stay in the same area that we are in now, I absolutely love it! I just haven't found anything I liked so far. I wish I wasn't so picky!!!
So the good news....I found a small house I like.....a beensy, tiny house. Its way over priced, but it goes with the area....what is it they say in real estate? Location, location, location! Its not super nice, but its not run down either. No garage, but there is a driveway. Its not the same area, as where we are at now, but its a good area, East side. I could walk to work. It would only take me 5 min to drive there. We will have to put some stuff in storage....its such a tiny place. So I'm not sure if I keep looking, or if I should take this place?!!
Yes moving will suck......but it might suck a little less if our friends came and helped with the move!! Free pizza!! We promise to help you move when its your turn!!

1 comment:

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

I am really picky too. If it were me, would keep looking- no garage, over-priced, etc etc- definately keep looking. Go with something you love. As for us, we are going to start looking again in the next week or so. It's been insane- we have had family in town pretty much nonstop since we moved here- ha ha so we haven't really looked yet- except for that one weekend since we have been here. Excited to buy a house though, very excited. We are both really picky though and we prefer new, we will see what we can find ;)