Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lazy dog owners suck.......

One of my pet peeves is when dog owners let their dogs roam free. I walk my dog in my neighborhood and it seems no one knows how to use a leash around here! The other day me and Adam walked our dogs and there was a big dog sitting on the porch with no owner in sight! I saw a little box on his collar, not sure if it was a shock collar or something? (makes me wonder how nice of a dog he really is!) Anyway we walked by and the dog was sitting there watching us, blending into the porch and we didn't see it until it growled and almost came after us. Good thing Adam was there to tell the dog to back away and the owner yelled something from inside the house! Are people really that lazy?! Today again yet another dog on the porch, this time at least the owner was with him. The last place I lived the golden retriever walked itself. The owner would let him out front to roam the neighborhood in the mornings before he left for work and then when he came home. One morning I almost hit him because I was backing out of the garage and didn't see him standing next to my car! This dog was friendly, I wasnt' worried about him attacking someone, I was worried the dog might get hurt. Another time a giant dog ran after me while I was walking my dogs and I had to scoop up them up and carry them the rest of the way home! 20 plus pounds per arm gets heavy fast!! Normally if they see another dog, they get all excited and whine because they want to greet it....needless to say, they were super quiet and calm, which is weird for pugs! They knew that dog wasn't nice!!
I shouldn't have to feel nervous walking my dogs. where I live. I just don't trust big dogs. Baxter is terrified of them. Adam usually works most evenings so I walk my dogs by myself and its difficult if a dog approaches them and I have both dogs with me. They love the walk and its good for them to get exercise.
Lazy dog owners suck and should walk their dogs on a leash. They dont' walk themselves, that's why they have an owner!
So I will continue to walk my dogs ON A LEASH in my neighborhood...........

2 comments:

Kriss said...

I agree. Nothing annoys me more than people that don't take care of their dogs! A year and a half ago, I actually hit and killed a dog in a neighborhood cause it was roaming freely about. I cried watching that stupid dog die on the sidewalk. The owners were bawling and said, "we were afraid this was going to happen, he's always getting in the street". What? I felt less bad for them after that comment. Had they just kept their dog where it belonged, I wouldn't have killed it. I am the reluctant owner of two dogs and they have NEVER gotten out of the backyard and roamed freely. I promise, it can be done.

Hillari said...

Wow that is awful! I would have been traumatized. That happenned to my coworkers dog a few months ago and he was devastated. I agree dog owners need to secure their yards better.