Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Missing Vegas

I am having one of those moments when I miss Vegas..... The restaurants, the shopping, the convenience, ooh Trader Joes, Black Bear Diner, Bahama Breeze!! I miss my old crew at UMC.....lunch in the cafe, gossiping and afternoon delight! My new crew at work is not the same, well I don't have a crew! I have made a few friends but its not the same! I realize it takes me longer than most to feel comfortable somewhere. Sometimes I drive around and I'm like, do I live here? Then I look at the beautiful mountains and I think, yes I do!! I do not miss the traffic in Vegas. My commute is 5 minutes, literally. I don't miss my old job, calling CPS everyday and having to deal with kids who had been shot, family drama and kids dying. I didn't realize that Vegas was stressful until I moved and I lost 10 pds from doing nothing. I'm not sure if it was grad school, aka the freshman 15, or my job, or just living in Vegas that made me get fat!! I am now taking steps to being healthy.....I joined a community ed yoga class and there's a yoga studio right around the corner from me, I could walk its only 2 blocks! I'm trying to walk more, my pugs love walking around the neighborhood. I do miss the small dog parks though. But its a small sacrifice. Yes there are trade offs with every place you live. But sometimes you just miss it, even if some of it sucked!

1 comment:

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

I definately do not miss the heat- that's for sure! lol! :)
I am loving Utah so much so far! Vegas is fun to visit but I think I definately love living here more. I am so glad you are here again too- love having such a good friend so close!