I have decided that all of my posts are going to have "In the SLC" somewhere in the title, just in case you forgot where we lived!!
***I love fall.....it has been so beautiful here. The trees are yellow, orange & red. We are located right at the base of 2 canyons.....so our backyard is basically the mountains. We have a great view of the city at night. Today I took Harley on a walk & was taking pictures. It is about 70 degrees outside during the day, it has been like that for the past 3 weeks (with the exception of our brief snowfall!). Anyone that loves skiing or biking would seriously love it here. There are a million road bikes zooming by everyday around here. Do I sound like an advertisement for Salt Lake City?! We welcome our family & friends to visit!!
Fall is almost over & winter is around the corner.....not looking forward to driving in the snow!! I need a subaru! Seriously one of the ugliest cars ever! I will probably just get snow tires & hope my Altima survives!
***You know the expression, when it rains, it pours! Well I have been having a ton of job interviews & just waiting around for a job. I finally was offerred a job yesterday with the State of Utah....great benefits, but serious pay cut. I forgot how cheap Utah is!! The good thing is I have the opportunity to move around (ie different job) with the State cause there are so many departments within. Later I received a call about another job offer & 2 other interviews....crazy! I think I am just gonna stick with the state cause of the benefits & ability to change my job. My boss seems cool, apparently there were 60 applicants for this job!! I guess I can't complain cause its a job......
***I had been thinking of signing up for cobra so that we didn't have a gap in health insurance......It is scary to go without health insurance!! Cobra is so expensive, around $800/month for both me & Adam! That's like paying another rent or mortgage payment. We would be on a serious budget. I have worked at a hospital, so I know all about expensive hospital bills when you don't have insurance! I also know "murphy's law." You only get sick or injured when you don't have health insurance.......when you do have it, you are fine, perfectly healthy! The good news is that the state's benefits kick in within my first month of employment! Yeah benefits!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Congrats on the job!
Post a Comment