So I finally updated my blog....it was about time! The Christmas & New Year's themes needed to go! I just barely changed my cell phone ringer from my fav Christmas song!
We have been looking at houses, deciding if we want to buy. Our lease was only for 6 mo and it ends in April. I talked to the landlord and we may be able to extend it until June, but its not a for sure thing. They are renting a home until April too, so it depends on their landlord as well.
I just hate throwing money away renting. I'm tired of it. We could have established a ton of equity with all the years of renting! Ugh!
Anyway, so I have been looking at properties in Sugarhouse, Millcreek, Holladay, etc. I wish we could afford a home in the area we live now, but they are too expensive.....they range from $350-$400 K. The neighborhoods are so nice. I love the older brick homes that have been remodeled, love them!! I don't want to be driving in a snow storm to get to work downtown either, so location is a priority. I guess if it was near Trax, that would be ok?
My agent took me to look at homes yesterday.....I saw a townhome in Holladay in the same complex I used to live! What are the odds of that? It was really nice but it wasn't an option because it didn't have a yard for the dogs.
The other homes were not possibilities either....they were on the west side, not great neighborhoods and located on main/busy streets. (Sally- you are so right, Vegas had much better options in terms of reasonably priced homes!)
So we are continuing to look....if we don't find something than we may have to find another home to rent! Ugh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I know- just our luck huh? ;) Vegas housing FINALLY goes down and then we move. SO HAPPY TO BE OUT OF VEGAS THOUGH! That's the only thing Vegas is good for is the housing that's going down- ha ha!
Definately BUY! Renting is such a waste of money!
Check out Coby's brother's (Bubba) blog. They are trying to rent a townhome, but I think they might consider selling it. It's a great time to buy!
http://bubbaandjordan.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment