Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Vegas trip

Chris, me, Mom & Dad
My Vegas friends
Last week I drove down to Vegas to meet up with my fam. My Mom was there for a conference and my Dad came along. Chris drove up from Santa Barbara. I was so glad the weather was ok, I didn't want to get stuck in a snow storm, I don't have 4 wheel drive!! It was a long drive (6 hrs ea way) but I listened to my book on tape (cd) and I was good to go! My lumbar was killing me by the time I got back to SLC....I am getting old! Next time I might consider flying....but I like road trips! And its good to have a car, so I don't have to feel stuck on the strip. I wish Adam could have come with, but he had school.
It was a little weird being a tourist, after living there....but it was fun. We stayed at the New York New York in one hotel room, me, Chris, M &D..... note to self, I am too old to stay in a hotel with my parents. My parents snored and my Dad was sick so he was coughing all night......good news he is feeling better. I got see old friends, so that was great. Me and Chris went to my fav restaurant Bahama Breeze and met up with some friends from my old work. I met up with my friend Ida and her daughter for dinner at CPK. My fam and I had dinner with Adam's fam, Joe & Geri. I spent one day running around town, going to Trader Joes, Ulta cosmetics, etc to stock up on the stuff they don't sell here in Utah. It was a fun trip and I'm glad I got to see a few friends & family. I don't really have a group of friends at work with this new job, so that is something I definately miss. It was great to see my fam, I am such a nerd!! I am looking forward to going home to CA in April for my sister in law's baby shower.
It has been an adjustment living in Utah after living in Vegas for 4 years. I love the change in seasons and the mountains! It is nice to have scenery instead of brown desert!! I am looking forward to a mild summer.....Vegas summers are dreadful. I am looking forward to Spring, I am done with Winter!!

1 comment:

Aubri said...

Glad you had fun in Vegas! I would have sent you with a wish list if I knew you were going to Trader Joes! Love that place! We need to get together again!