We went away for the weekend up to Eden, UT and used our timeshare at Wolf Creek. It was only a one hour drive from SLC. I had no idea it was so beautiful in Ogden canyon.....I normally don't travel to Ogden (aka the armpit of Utah) but the canyon was gorgeous! It was even greener than Lake Tahoe....we were driving around thinking could we live here, even if means living close to Ogden I would make the sacrifice! Lol!! Hmm....a cabin, a boat, a 4 wheel drive vehicle.....(if its this green in the summer I can only imagine how harsh the winters are!) There are rivers for fishing and a reservoir for boating and trails for hiking! We certainly aren't tree huggers or "mountain fairies" but there is just something peaceful about the mountains! I would be okay living there and doing all my shopping online in the winter!! The only thing is where would we work?! Anyway its nice to dream!!! So glad we moved back to Utah because Nevada has never seen anything that green (unless you count the golf courses)! I would highly recommend anyone taking a day or weekend trip up there! It is so worth it!! The air is just clean and fresh (love mountain air) and the view is spectacular! And the nice thing is it doesn't get hot during the summer, a high of 70 degrees! We found a great little restaurant for breakfast called the Oaks....we are definately going back for dinner. It was nice for us to get away even if it was just 2 days! We have been married 4 years on May 28th! I gave Adam his anniversary gift early.....Depeche Mode tickets! Yes I am the best wife ever!! I am really bad with surprises so it has been hard to keep a secret because I purchased them a month ago! He seemed really surprised and excited because they are his favorite band ever! Here are a few pictures of the scenery in Ogden Canyon....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So beautiful!!!
Happy Anniversary! :)
Hi Hillari, It sounds like you had fun! I miss the green, too.
Post a Comment